|The Regulations of 9th China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition, (Overseas)
I. Time and Place:
September16 -22 , 2017
Jiaozuo City, Henan Province, China
II. Sponsored by:
Wushu Administrative Center of SGAS
Chinese Wushu Association
Sports Bureau of Henan Province
Jiaozuo Municipal People’s Government.
III. Undertaken by:
Wushu Administrative Center of Henan Province
Henan Wushu Association
Sports Bureau of Jiaozuo
Stadium Management Center of Jiaozuo
Jiaozuo Wushu Association.
Any individuals, national or regional Wushu groups and Wushu organizations from all over the world are invited to participate in this competition.
V. Competition Events:
1. Individual Events：
Compulsory routines: Chen style Taijiquan, Yang style Taijiquan, Wu style Taijiquan, Wuu style Taijiquan, Sun Style Taijiquan, 42 Forms Taijiquan, 42 Forms Taiji Sword.
Traditional routines: Chen style Taijiquan, Yang style Taijiquan, Wu style Taijiquan, Wuu style Taijiquan, Sun style Taijiquan, He Style Taijiquan and other traditional styles and Taiji apparatus.
2. Group Events:
Taijiquan, Taiji Apparatus, Taijiquan with Apparatus, 24 Forms Taijiquan, 32 Forms Taiji Sword.
3. Taiji Push-hand Event:
1) Ages of Athletes: Ages between 19 and 45(January 1st, 1972-- December 31th, 1998).
2) Weight Categories: 48 kg category, 52 kg category, 56 kg category, 60 kg category, 65 kg category, 70 kg category, 75 kg category, 80 kg category, 80kg+ category.
VI. Participation Method:
1. There is no limitation for each organization in the number of participating teams. Each team can register one leader, one coach and one doctor respectively, and 20 athletes (male or female).
2. Individual events: Each athlete can only enter one barehanded routine, and one apparatus routine. A group event is available at the same time.
3. Only one group event is allowed for each team. There is no limitation in gender or age. Each team shall be composed of at least 6 athletes; otherwise it would not be compiled to participate in the competition.
4. Taiji push-hand event: Only one category per team, for male and female respectively, is allowed to enter for competition.
VII. Competition Method
1. This competition is classified into the individual events and group events.
2. The Rules of Traditional Wushu Taolu Competition
published in 2012 and the Trial Version of Taiji Push-hand
and Supplementary Rules in 2015, which are endorsed by the Chinese Wushu Association will be implemented in this competition. Both the two editions can be downloaded from the official website of Chinese Wushu Association at: www.wushu.com.cn
3. Knock-out system is implemented in Taiji push-hand competition.
4. Time for Taijiquan and Taiji Apparatus Competitions:
2）Taiji apparatus should be finished within 3 minutes. The Head Judge will blow the whistle at the second minute of the competition.
3) Competition time for group event shall be no more than 4 minutes. Music should be played by the coach or team leader (U Disk should be self-provided by the participants). 0.1 point will be deducted by the Head Judge if there are any lyrics accompanying the music.
4) Scores will not be deducted if the movements of compulsory routines of Taijiquan and Taiji Apparatus are less than the required ones.
5. Age classification for Taijiquan and Taiji Apparatus:
Group A: Under 12 years old (Participants who are born after December 31, 2005.)
Group B: Age12-17 (Participants who are born between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2005.)
Group C: Age 18-39 ((Participants who are born between January 1, 1978 and December 31, 1999.)
Group D: Age 40-59 (Participants who are born between January 1, 1958 and December 31, 1977.)
Group E: Age 60 and 60 over (Participants who are born before January 1, 1958)
VIII. Placings and Awards
1. Compulsory Events: The first eight place winners for men and women will be awarded respectively in each individual events and each age group. If the number of participants is less than 9, the number of awardees should be one less than that of the participants; if the number of participants is less than 2, there will be no ranks in the corresponding event.
2. Traditional Events: 20% of the participants will be awarded the first prize in each individual events and each age group, 30% the second and 30% the third. The winners will be awarded medals and certificates and the rest competitors will be awarded certificates. The number of winners will be calculated by the round-off method according to the actual number of competitors.
3. Group Events: Competitors who participate in Taijiquan, Taiji Apparatus (including Taijiquan with Apparatus), 24 Forms Taijiquan, and 32 Forms Taiji Sword shall be awarded the first prize (20%), the second prize (30%) and the third prize (30%) in the team events. The round-off method shall be adopted according to the actual number of competitors. If there are 1-2 participating teams for each event, they will be grouped into the team events of the same classification and so be awarded.
4. Push-hand Events: The first eight place winners for male and female competitors shall be awarded respectively in each weight category. If the number of participants is less than 9, the number of awardees should be one less than that of the participants; if the number of participants is less than 2, there will be no ranks in the corresponding event. The first three winners will be awarded medals and certificates while the fourth to the eighth will be awarded certificates.
5. Competitors failed to obtain any positions and award events will be awarded participation commemoration certificates by the Organizing Committee.
6. The “Taijiquan Elite” of China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition will be set.
1) The “Taijiquan Elite” will be awarded to four candidates, who are selected from Taijiquan and Taiji Apparatus events, for male and female respectively (overseas groups). Participants should be the first place winner in each individual event (the event should be entered by 5 and more than 5 participants). Winners will be awarded the “Taijiquan Elite Award” certificate and RMB 10,000 prize.
2) The participants who are winners with more than one event should choose one competition event for the “Taijiquan Elite” at the compiling and recording group at the end of the individual events. For any vacant events, the second place winner will take part in the “Taijiquan Elite” competition consecutively.
7. “Taijiquan Push-hand Star” Award is set. The first winner of the competitions whose actual participant number is no less than 8, will be awarded “Taiji Push-hand Star” Award certificate and RMB 1,000 prize.
8. The “Wushu Morality Awards” is set up for the athletes and judges. The prize will be conferred according to the number of the competitors and events, competition results and competition morals, sportsmanship and disciplinary behavior.
IX. Entry and Registration
Please read competition regulations carefully when you enter this competition. The 9th competition requires Entry Form, Entry Form for Competition Event, Declaration of Responsibilities and Entry Form with photos. To avoid mistakes, the forms are numbered. Please fill in the blanks carefully according to the event numbers.
1). The deadline of entry is on August 16, 2017. Each team is required to print 2 copies of both Entry Form and Entry Form for Competition Event on A4 paper. Please send one copy to the Organizing Committee of the 9th
Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition, and keep the other copy for check. Meanwhile, please send e-forms to: email@example.com
(counted by the receipt time).
2). Please mail Entry Form with photos (two copies with one-inch size photos), a copy of passport or pass permission, waiver of liabilities, a personal accidental insurance certificate and a health certificate to the Organizing Committee before August 16, 2017. Participants who submit the documents after the deadline will not be allowed for participation.
1). Please register in Jiaozuo, Henan Province on September 15, 2017. (The location of registration will be notified in due course.)
2). Transportation Route:
- Zhengzhou Xinzheng Airport: Teams may arrive in Zhengzhou from Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou by plane. A reception station will be set up at the airport.
- Zhengzhou Railway Station: Teams may arrive in Zhengzhou from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Xi'an by train. A reception station will be set up at the railway station.
- Jiaozuo Railway Station: Teams may arrive in Jiaozuo from Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an by train. A reception station will be set up at the railway station.
X. Contact Information
1. Office: Foreign Affairs Department of the Chinese Wushu Association
Contact person: Tian Ye
Telephone: +86 1064912162
Fax: +86 1064912151
Address: No.3, Anding Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
2. Office: Competition Department of the 9th China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition, Jiaozuo, Henan Province, China.
Contact persons: Cheng Fazhi Yang Beifang
Address: The Southeast corner of the crossing of Shanyang Lu and Fengshou Lu, Taiji Gymnasium of Jiaozuo Taiji Sports Center, Jiaozuo City, Henan Province, China
XI. Financial Conditions
1. The participants shall be responsible for their own expenses. (Please inform the Organizing Committee when registering so that accommodation arrangements will be made in advance.)
2. Accommodation Standards:
US $55.00 (standard room);
US $70.00 (standard single room)
3. The expenses mentioned above will include the expenses of accommodation, competition, local transportation, and other activities arranged by the Organizing Committee.
XII. Technical Meeting
The Technical Meeting will be held at 9:00 on September 16, 2017. The meeting will cover matters related to the competition. Team leaders and coaches are required to attend the Technical Meeting on time. The venue of the meeting will be informed in due course.
XIII. Arbitration Committee and Referees
1). The composition and duty of Arbitration Committee shall be implemented according to the Rules of Arbitration.
2). The referees shall be selected and appointed by the Chinese Wushu Association. Further notice will be made in due course.
XIV. Other Matters
1. Each participating athlete should cover personal accidental insurance by himself/herself. The participant will be responsible for any accidents occurred by himself/herself.
2. After registration, the athletes should go through selective physical examination organized by the Medical Committee and should be disqualified from the competition if they are found with any medical deficiency.
3. After registration, the teams are supposed to read the Program carefully. If there are any objections on names or events, please submit a written application (with telephone number and the signature) to the Competition Department by the athlete, team leaders, or coaches before 22:00, September 15. If the appealing content is in conformity with the original registration forms after being checked by the Chief Compiler, it will be altered; otherwise, no changes will be made.
4. For the order of competition compiling and recording, the written application (with telephone number and the signature) should be submitted to the Competition Department by competitors whose events need to be changed under special circumstances before 22:00 September 15 (US $20.00 for each change after approval).
5. Athletes should be on the roll call within 30 minutes before the competition; otherwise they will be regarded as abstaining from the competition for three times absence on roll-calls.
6. Competitors should wear traditional Wushu costumes and Wushu shoes (The costumes and apparatus shall be self-provided).
7. The regulation, Entry Forms, Entry Form for Competition Event, Entry Form with photos, Competition Schedule, Waiver of Liabilities and Competition Rules can be downloaded from the website of the Chinese Wushu Association at: www.w
XV. Any additional information uncovered in the regulations shall be provided by the Organizing Committee in due course.
1. 9th China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition Schedule
2. 9th China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition Entry Form Ⅰ
China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition
Number of Competition Event Categories and Entry Form for Competition Event II
4. 9th China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition
Entry Form with photos
5. 9th China Jiaozuo International Taijiquan Exchange Competition
Waiver of Liabilities